So, your camera, flash, lens, or whatever doesn't seem to work properly. What to do? We will diagnose the problem and help you decide what action to take. There is no charge for this service.
All estimated repair charges are quoted and agreed upon before any repairs are made. A $30 prepayment for shipping and tech fees is required before the item is sent out for an estimate. We will contact you with the estimate for your approval. If approved, the equipment will be repaired and sent back within 2-3 weeks. The $30 prepayment will be applied to the amount owed.
When an item doesn't work properly there are several remedies that might solve the problem. A few of these actions are listed below.
1. A minor resetting of the controls is done. There is no charge for this service.
2. A clarification of the operation of the item is made. There is no charge for this service.
3. The battery and battery contacts are checked. There is no charge for this service.
4. A minor repair may be done while you wait. A price quotation is made before any repair is done. Payment is made after the repair is done.
5. A major repair is needed. The item is then sent out of state for repair. For most items the turn-around time is usually two to three weeks. The warranty period is typically 90 days (but can vary) from the time that the repaired item is received at our shop. If our repair center does not offer repairs on the broken item it is usually because parts are no longer available. If a broken camera body cannot be repaired we can usually offer a new or used substitute on which all your accessories will work. We do buy or take in trade some broken camera items.